YOUR GATEWAY TO THE LUCRATIVE CASPIAN ENERGY MARKET
Caspian Oil & Gas Conference is one of the most significant international oil and gas events where the very topical issues of bi-lateral and multi-lateral energy relations and global energy security are discussed. Participation in the conference enables the evaluation of both new trends in the oil and gas market and potential opportunities in the region, including issues of co-operation, the prospects for the solution of global energy security issues and large investment projects.
Why the Caspian region and Caspian Oil & Gas Conference?
Azerbaijan has been linked with oil for centuries, even for millennia. By the 19th century Azerbaijan was by far the front-runner in the world's oil and gas industry. Azerbaijan drilled its first oil well in 1820, and by the beginning of the 20th century the republic was producing more than half of the world's supply of oil.
- The proven oil resources of the Caspian region total 10 billion tonnes, 3 billion of which belong to the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea
- The proven gas reserves of Azerbaijan total 2.6 trillion cubic metres
- Successful completion of the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli (ACG) and Shah Deniz (SD) projects and the operation of Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline and the South Caucasus gas pipeline (SCP)
- Azerbaijan has a unique geographical location between Europe and Asia, due to which it has a significant role in the transportation of Caspian energy resources to the international market
- Creation in the country of the biggest in the region complex of oil and gas processing and petrochemicals
- Discovery of the new big gas field Absheron in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea
- The only oil and gas event of its kind in the region
- Full support from the Government of Azerbaijan
- Large trade missions from different countries
- More than 20 sponsors
- More than 500 delegates
- More than 40 industry related presentations
Ministry of Industry and Energy
of the Republic of Azerbaijan
State Oil Company
of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SOCAR)
Who will you meet ?
- High-ranking officials of different countries
- Heads of state oil and gas authorities
- Large exporters and importers of energy resources
- Heads and leading specialists of international organisations and largest oil and gas companies
- Scientific specialists and research fellows
- Financial and industry analysts
- International lawyers, specialist advisors and management consultants
Main Conference Topics
- Current trends on the world energy market
- Securing supply to the world market. Role of the Caspian region in Eurasian energy supply diversification
- Oil & gas processing and petrochemicals. Creation in the country of the biggest in the region complex of oil and gas processing and petrochemicals
- Exploration & production
- Alternative and renewable energy strategy in Azerbaijan. Technological and economic integration of renewables into the energy system
- Investments in the region - major challenges and opportunities
- Transportation. Natural gas pipeline projects.