YOUR GATEWAY TO THE LUCRATIVE CASPIAN ENERGY MARKET
The Caspian Oil and Gas 2012 conference is research driven and highly targeted towards senior level professionals. It is designed to help you make informed decisions and remain at the forefront of business information. From trading the Caspian’s oil and gas to extending the life of pipelines, the conference will provide an opportunity to hear about first hand experiences and cutting edge solutions to these challenges. Whether you are new to this sector or a seasoned player, this event is a MUST!
Why the Caspian region and Caspian Oil & Gas Conference?
Azerbaijan has been linked with oil for centuries, even for millennia. By the 19th century Azerbaijan was by far the front-runner in the world's oil and gas industry. Azerbaijan drilled its first oil well in 1820, and by the beginning of the 20th century the republic was producing more than half of the world's supply of oil.
- The proven oil resources of the Caspian region total 10 billion tonnes, 3 billion of which belong to the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea.
- The proven gas reserves of Azerbaijan total 2.55 trillion cubic meters
- Transnational energy projects have been developed, including the successful use of the BTC (Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan) and BTE (Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum) pipelines
- Discovery of the new big gas field Absheron in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea with potential reserves hit 350 billion cubic metres of gas and 45 million tonnes of condensate.
- Azerbaijan has a unique geographical location between Europe and Asia, due to which it has a significant role in the transportation of Caspian energy resources to the international market.
- Azerbaijan has high GDP growth, low inflation, and the highest economic growth in the CIS.
- The country has signed 33 key contracts in the oil sector, which are of geopolitical significance for many countries and guarantee up to 60 billion USD of investment.
- The forecast for the country’s oil and gas production in 2015 is 50-55 million tonnes of oil and 30 billion cubic metres of gas.
- The only oil and gas event of its kind in the region
- Large networking opportunities
- More than 20 sponsors
- More than 500 delegates
- Full support from the Government of Azerbaijan
- Large trade missions from different countries including UK, USA, Germany, Italy, Norway, Turkey, Greece, Russia, France, Switzerland, Austria
Ministry of Industry and Energy
of the Republic of Azerbaijan
State Oil Company
of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SOCAR)
- Number of delegates: 550
- Number of participating countries: 30
Main Conference Topics
- The Caspian region: Re-shaping global energy dynamics.
- The role of the Caspian region in providing energy security.
- An overview of the main projects in exploration and production.
- Investing in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector: opportunities for foreign investors in the region.
- International transportation projects in the Caspian region: diversification of Azerbaijan’s export routes.
- Safe and effective technologies for high performance in production, petrochemicals and oil and gas processing.
- Environmental protection: onshore and offshore projects.
- The growing geopolitical and industrial importance of the Caspian region.
- Rovnag Abdullayev, President of SOCAR
- Richard Morningstar, Special Envoy for Eurasian Energy Issues Ambassador, USA
- Günther Oettinger, EU Commissioner for energy
- Angus Miller, Caspian Energy Adviser of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office of United Kingdom
- Espen Barth Eide, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Norway
- Leonid Bokhanovsky, Secretary General of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF)
- Slav Slavov, Regional Manager, World Energy Council
- Rashid Javanshir, President, BP Azerbaijan
- Harry Sachinis, Chairman and CEO, DEPA, the Greek Public Gas Corporation
- Roberto Potì, Executive Vice-President, International, Renewables & Special Projects, Edison S.p.A.
- Annakuly Deryaev, Chairman, Turkmennebit State Concern
- Lars Troen Sørensen, President, Statoil Azerbaijan
- Michael Woltran, Senior Vice President Gas Logistics, OMV Gas & Power
- Kjetil Tungland, Managing Director, Trans Adriatic Pipeline
- Gustaf Nobel, Chairman of the Nobel Charitable Trust